Information and Community Assistance –
The Information and Community Assistance program (ICA) and its services are the first point of contact of the Hastings Sunrise CPC.
ICA is overseen by trained volunteers, with the support of staff and in conjunction with our Neighbourhood Police Officer (NPO). Volunteers work with citizens to address day-to-day crime and safety complaints and concerns, promote crime prevention and provide information about community resources.
ICA provides services such as:
- assisting with citizens’ complaints and concerns
- providing safety and crime prevention information
- referring citizens to other community resources
- handling found property for processing by the VPD
- providing interpretation and translating services
- providing crime statistics for Hastings Sunrise and the City of Vancouver