“My experiences at the HSCPC have greatly enhanced my community awareness while also providing countless opportunities for personal growth. Having had the opportunity to immerse myself in several of the programs, I feel a great sense of pride and belonging in this collaborative team environment”
– Jakub Janecki, HSCPC Volunteer
Volunteers are the nucleus of the Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre (HSCPC). They not only participate in programs and projects, but also play a significant role in the operation and leadership of the centre.
What are some of the benefits of volunteering?
- Satisfaction – help make the community safer and better
- Networking – develop professional and community contacts
- New skills – get trained by Vancouver Police and the HSCPC
- Work experience – letter of reference after three months
What would I do?
In addition to our core programs, there are many other opportunities for volunteers to become involved.
We match volunteers’ interests with the needs of the organization and the community whenever possible. Volunteers assist with:
- graphic design
- computer programming
- program development
- project development
- office maintenance
- delivering notices
- researching resource materials
- and much more…
What are the requirements?
To become one of our volunteers, you must be:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- 18 years of age or older
- willing to consent to and pass a VPD criminal record check
- comfortable working with the public and be a team player
- able to converse and write in English
- available to work at least 8 hours a month on regularly scheduled shifts
* There are no restrictions on who can participate in the Community Clean-up program. Everyone is welcome. Youth under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
How do I get involved?
- Attend the next volunteer information session to learn more about the Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre (HSCPC), our programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Fill out our volunteer application form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you to the volunteer information session.
- Meet with our volunteer coordinator to begin the application process and agree to a criminal record check.
- After your application and criminal record check have been successfully processed, we will contact you for follow-up
- Once you become a volunteer, after participating in our orientation and training, you will be able to choose from a variety of opportunities.
To register for an information session, or if you have any questions about volunteering, please contact the HSCPC office at 604-717-3584 or e-mail your application to email@example.com.