The Information and Community Assistance program (ICA) and its services are the hub of the Hastings Sunrise CPC.
Trained volunteers, with the support of paid staff and the Neighbourhood Police Officer (NPO), operate the ICA. Volunteers work with citizens to address day-to-day crime and safety complaints and concerns, promote crime prevention and provide information about community resources.
- assisting with citizens’ complaints and concerns
- providing safety and crime prevention information
- referring citizens to other community resources
- handling found property for processing by the VPD
- providing interpretation and translating services in 21 languages
- providing crime statistics for Hastings Sunrise and the City of Vancouver
For information on becoming an ICA volunteer, you can reach us by phone at 604-717-3584 or by email at email@example.com