The Information and Community Assistance program (ICA) and its services are the hub of the Hastings Sunrise CPC.
Trained volunteers, with the support of paid staff and the Neighbourhood Police Officer (NPO), operate the CPC front office. Volunteers work with citizens to address day-to-day crime and safety complaints and concerns, promote crime prevention and provide information about community resources.
- assisting with citizens’ complaints and concerns
- providing safety and crime prevention information
- referring citizens to other community resources
- handling found property for processing by the VPD
- providing interpretation and translating services
- providing crime statistics for Hastings Sunrise and the City of Vancouver